Welcome to the Doherty Memorial High Library
Ms. Nelson ~ Library Director and VHS Site Coordinator
6:45 A.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Mrs. Thompson's Class - Quebec Project
VHS COURSE REGISTRATION
STUDENT PASSES FOR THE LIBRARY
Students may get a pass for the library if they have a study hall period. The pass MUST be picked up between 6:50 A.M. 7:20 A.M. If a pass is lost, another one will not be reissued. Students may access the library during their lunch periods without a pass.
What is in the DMHS Library? ~ Resources in the DMHS Library
Computers The library has twenty-eight computer stations for students to use that are wired for Internet access. Students are not allowed to play games or write email on the computers.
Laptops Several laptops are available for student and faculty use. There is strong Wi-Fi connection. Please ask for the password.
Books Books can be checked out of the library for a 3-week period. Overdue notices will be sent out monthly if books are not returned. If a book is lost or damaged, it will be the student's responsibility to pay for the replacement cost of the book.
Photocopier There is a photocopier in the library for students to use. Please ask for assistance if it is needed
The library has twenty-eight computer stations for students to use that are wired for Internet access. Students are not allowed to play games or write email on the computers.
There are currently 5 laptops which are connected to the Wi-Fi for student and teacher use. If you bring your own device, please ask for the WiFi password.
Books can be checked out of the library for a 3-week period. Overdue notices will be sent out monthly if books are not returned. If a book is lost or damaged, it will be the student's responsibility to pay for the replacement cost of the book.
There is a photocopier in the library for students to use. Please ask for assistance if it is needed.
- American Revolution Resources
- The 1920s in the US
- Presidents of the United States
- World War II Resources
- The Great Depression
- Career Resources
- College Resources
Important Web Links
Mark Twain ~ Samuel Clemens
Ms. Thompson (Quebec Brochure Project)
- His Life
- The Scarlet Letter
- Literary Criticism -ipl2
- Activities for ESL Students
- Cool Sites for ESL students
- Interesting Things for ESL Students
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Worcester Citizenship Services and ESL classes
- Call Me Ahab
- MobyDick; or The Whale
- Moby Dick: An American Book of Wonders
- Sites about Moby Dick or the Whale
Library Web Tools and Information
Web 2.0 Tools
- Animoto - Creating presentations has never been fun, but Animoto can help to put that behind you.
- Audacity - Record and edit podcasts.
- Creative Commons - Find licensed works that you can share, collaborate, remix and reuse. Also, license your own work easily.
- Delicious - A fast and easy-to-use social bookmarking site.
- Diigo - Research and collaborate. Highlights important information.
- Facebook - A popular social networking site that makes it easy to find and keep in touch with family, friends, and colleagues.
- Google Docs - Create, collaborate and share documents while allowing people to comment.
- iGoogle - Create your own page with RSS feeds and apps to fit your needs.
- ImageChef - Use photos along with text to create meaningful images.
- iTunes - Allows the listening and viewing of podcasts.
- Jing - Records video of onscreen action and allows to share the works conveniently.
- Podomatic - Use to easily share podcasts.
- Screencast - Allows you to upload your screencasts and share them easily.
- Skype - Have conversations with just about everyone with audio, video, and text chatting.
- Tinychat - Create your own chat room, invite others (by using Twitter or other social networking sites) and save the chat logs
- Tumblr - A microblog that allows text, photos, music and videos to be shared.
- Twitter - The fastest-growing social networking site on the web. Have fun writing messages about what you're doing up to 140 characters!
- VoiceThread - Create a multimedia, collaborative slideshow. Allows comments to be made by others by using, audio, video and text.
- Wordle - Create cool word graffitti by just typing words.
- WordPress - Use to create your own blog.
- YouTube - Find many educational videos and comments may be posted.
Any questions or concerns: email@example.com